Thursday, October 5, 2023

GoT: Baahal (love and Hope)

 (flashback) 


"It is one thing to question my emotions as I am still trying to figure out this free life of mine. It is another to question my loyalty towards my sister. I love her with all of my heart. One could say that it started on the day she rescued Mereen, but truly, it started when she learned the truth. Together we built something new, something for us.  She gave a new meaning to her name and helped me accept this heritage I was so desperate to throw away.  She gave me a new purpose, someone to come back to, someone to look up to. A reason to see a new dawn and a reason to give my life for. My loyalty cannot be questioned for it knows no end. 


I have feelings, whether I want to accept them or not. For the first time in the 30 years, I have spent breathing, I am free to do as I please. I am free to feel something more than fear or shame. I can be my own person and by all the seven gods, I am. Does that mean I will stumble and fall? Yes! Does that mean I will make mistakes? of course. Does that mean I could grow feelings for someone I shouldn't? I am not above making mistakes. I do not know well how to navigate through these emotions that have been denied to me for so long. my trust and care are limited, my attention and affection as well. but I want to expand. I want to try and discover. Lord Tyrion said I was blinding myself with self-comforting words that I refused to admit some truths he thinks he sees in me. I deny his claims. I refuse his words. I have in horror that he wants to question my emotions and even dare think I might have feelings for his....for... the Golden Lion.

He is an enemy. I am grateful he helped when he did, but he is an enemy and I know better than to make a mistake with an enemy."



No comments:

Post a Comment