Sunday, October 29, 2023

Doya: you saved me.

"You saved me, Dean. You certainly did. I was so determined to die in the line of duty, hoping that somehow it would absolve me of my sins. I thought I was responsible for my mother's death, for my brother's and my father's. I used to carry the guilt over my shoulder, hoping that somehow, killing the monster that took my mom and brother's lives would somehow, make it even. I thought that I couldn't be loved again because I had nothing but sorrow to give. I was mistaken. I was so mistaken but at the time, I couldn't see it. Then you came and Team Free Will and suddenly I had a second chance at life. I had people who cared for me. I had people who loved me.  Dean...The years spent in your company healed me. I found pleasure in being alive again and reasons to keep fighting for and to stay alive. I found my new home in you and Team Free Will and... I found out that I could be loved, just for myself. 


You saved me, Dean. I don't know how to express the way I feel but you gave me a second chance and I want to make the best of it. we have our slice of apple pie and it's a beautiful life, doing things we love to do. Helping people, killing monsters... That's the family motto, that's our life and we get to do it together. I count my blessings and I know that I'm lucky, I'm lucky to have you. I'm lucky to have found you and you know that I accept everything about you, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I accept the kids you had before we met and I will accept you as you are. With you, I can be myself. I don't need to pretend. I don't need to toughen up. I don't need to lie. I just need to be. With you, I can relax! I know I will have crippling nightmares at night, but I also know that your arms would be wrapped around me. I would not be alone. You'll be here, with me.  You saved me by loving me and that's why I'm so proud to be your wife. You've always been it for me Dean. You've always been my happily ever after and you will always. So... how about we go and slay the beast? what say you, partner?"

No comments:

Post a Comment