Tuesday, July 16, 2024

colby: shorts

 Tommy aged gracefully. Mary was head over heels for him and had been for quite some time. She thought he was beautiful, from the intense blue eyes to his lips. She loved to run her hands through his rich black locks and her fingers traced his features, his thick brows, his deep-cut cheeks, his square jaw. She loved to trace his ears with her fingers, press her lips to his neck, nuzzle his neck and shoulders. He was a handsome man and the only thing she wished she could do was to grow old with him


xx


Mary's green eyes were a rare sight in Birmingham. Her caramel skin contrasted so well with her eyes that it was difficult to forget her face. Mary was beautiful, far more than she could imagine but  she doesn't realize just how much she captivates those who set their eyes on her.


xxx


"I wonder at times if you understand my heavy silence. I wonder if you realize that I feel I can't say the words I want to say or express the thoughts that plague my heart because I'm worried... I'm worried you would not understand and you would be angry with me. I'm worried because you might feel that I don't trust you...When I would put my life in your hands in a heartbeat. When I would trust you would survive anything you might want to do. When I gave you my heart to keep. 

Still... 

Sometimes I wonder if you realize that  I can't bear the idea of your death. I can't bear it...Despite your desire to keep moving until you find someone stronger than you. Despite your desire to play daredevil so you could feel alive. Despite your anguish and guilt over the deaths of your family. I fear your death. I fear losing you. I fear losing you,... I don't want to be in a world where you're not but how could I tell you these words without you lashing out? So I swallow my words. I swallow my tears. I put a smile on my face because I trust you will survive your enemies. I trust you will come back to me. I trust we would live together and raise our children...should we have any together...God's willing...God's willing.

Still...."

No comments:

Post a Comment