Monday, June 3, 2024

GOT: Find solace in me

Come rest your head at the crook of my neck. Let my arms wrap around your frame as I pull you into a hug.  Come rest your soul in the comfortable embrace of my hands, allow me to care for it like you've cared for me since we first met. Come, my Golden Lion, come and let me take your heart in my hands and keep it safe from breaking ever again. You had several lives already. You've been the dashing young lion, the one true pride of your father Tywin. You were taking the name of the family as high as you possibly could, sworn sword of the King, his protector, his chief of army. You have been a man of the people, you sacrificed everything to save them from a cruel fate, decided by my very father. 

By doing so, you lost your reputation. you lost your prestige, you tarnished the name you carried, at least for some people not for me.  You managed to salvage what little reputation you had when your sister became the queen. You protected the crown and the children you've fathered.  You became a father, caring more for the little ones than their official parent.  You became a lover, guilty of loving the wrong person too openly. You became a pariah. When the Night King threatened Westeros, you became a hero, you became the man I fell in love with... But I am aware that you lost everything once again. Your children, your father, your lover and sister Cersei... You lost a lot of things but not everything. Tyrion was still there, Kyra was still there and so was I. You weren't as alone as you thought you were but oh, for a while you lost yourself. 

Come rest your head at the crook of my neck. Let my arms wrap around your frame as I pull you into a hug. Here, in the warmth of my embrace, you are safe. Here, you are free to be the man you've always wanted to be. Free from your father's ambition. free from your sister's nebulous and negative influence. Free to be. Here, in the softness of my arms, you are loved. You are cared for. Here, between you and me there is nothing but love. There is nothing but adoration for the person that you are. There is no judgment, no need for you to hide your true self. There is no absurd demand that you erase your past and you forget about your needs. No. Jaime. Here, you are free to be who you are, in the safety of my embrace. Here, you are free to love as you desire, you are free to become a husband and a father. You are free to be. I


 have never thought I would live to see the day I could decide for myself yet here I am, choosing you every single day. Here I am, fighting for us before the queen, before your brother, before even the gods. Here I am, choosing to lace my destiny with yours, choosing to become your wife and the mother of your children. Here I am, free to do as I please. Free to love and free to be. Free to live the life I have always wanted to have for myself.  With you, with me... and maybe with our children. How could I not be happy? I have found solace in your arms. I have found my strength in your trust. I have found my voice in your words. Here, in your arms, I have started to live and I refuse to go back to what it was before. I refuse you to go back to how you were before. I need you to be free. I need you to be you. I need you... I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment