Friday, June 14, 2024

Got: "The sun of Astapor"

 "They called me the Sun of Astapor, gravitating around me like planets around the star. They wanted me for my hair, for my eyes and sometimes for the stark contrast with my skin. They believed I would be just like the sun, always present, always used for somebody else's benefit. They thought they were clever and tried to make puns using my history, regardless of how it really happened. They didn't realize that, like the sun, I could burn. They didn't realize that, like the sun, I was cruel and could care less about their feelings. They didn't realize that, if they got a little too close, they would melt into nothingness. I no longer would entertain them, and no longer belong to anyone but myself. Like the sun, I would stand alone. Like the Sun, I will devour all."

No comments:

Post a Comment