Saturday, June 15, 2024

TB: We hide our scars and imperfections!

We hide our scars and little imperfections to the rest of the world, thinking that nobody in their right mind could love them. We keep our thoughts to ourselves, in fear that someone might judge us and not love us for who we are. I used to think I had to cover my freckles because they were ugly and nobody could love me if I didn't hide them. My previous partners wanted me to hide who I was, to cover myself up in glamour so they wouldn't have to see the real me. I had to put on a fake persona so they wouldn't have to deal with the real me. Sara had to be hidden. Sara had to be forgotten.. Sara had to disappear. 


We hide our scars and little imlperfections to the rest of the world because they convinced us that we didn't matter. They drilled into our skulls that we should conform to their idea of what was beautiful. Baby, it really took Homelander for me to realize that I was beautiful, that I was worthy of being loved. And let me tell you something, I love myself. I love myself so much that you can't tell me shit about my body. You can't tell me shit about my skin or my curves or whatever! Baby, I'm beautiful! I know it now. I'm sure of it now. I am loved for who I am now! Yeah! I am loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment